Guns of Texas
Guns in Texas History
Texas, more than any other land, has been shaped by the gun.
In fact, without improvements to firearm technology during the 19th century, Texas as a Republic and as a state could never have been.
Guns put food on the table. Guns kept families safe. Guns made Texas free.
Independence was won by the gun and kept by the gun.
The frontier moved ever westward and Texas settlements became ever safer because of more and better guns.
Guns of Texas by Mr. Carroll Holloway puts the history of the gun in its Texas perspective.
This book had been unavailable since 1951, but now we have brought it back to life for today's Texans.
- Guns in Spanish Texas
- Guns in the Texas Revolution
- Guns in the Republic of Texas
- Texas Arsenals
- Texas Gun Makers of the 19th Century
- Guns of the Texas Rangers
Mr. Holloway tells how changing gun technology shaped the development of Texas.
It's not a technical treatise on the guns, but the story of their role in our history: Who made them. How they were used. Why it mattered.
Sam Houston once said, "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from whatever source it may."
That is as true today as it was when he said it in 1850.
Owning and properly using guns made America and Texas possible. If you agree with that statement and support the second amendment, this book is for you.
You can click the "Add to Cart" button above to order now.
- Guns of Texas by Carroll C. Holloway
- Standard Edition Hardcover
- Satin Finish Jacket
- 254 pages
- Allow two weeks for shipping.
- Shipping for your entire order is 5 dollars, anywhere in the United States.
- Your book will be packed the old fashioned way, in an actual box. No cheap book mailers.
We will gladly buy it back if you decide you don't want it anymore. There's no time limit on that.